Dr. Giorgio Tabanella
Dr. Tabanella is a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology and Active Member of the Italian Academy of Esthetic Dentistry. He graduated from the University of Southern California-Los Angeles-USA where he obtained the Certificate in Periodontics as well as the Master of Science in Craniofacial Biology.
He is Director of O.R.E.C.-Oral Reconstruction and Education Center (www.tabanellaorec.com), reviewer and author of original articles published in peer-reviewed journals.
Dr.Tabanella lectures worldwide on soft and hard tissue reconstruction around natural teeth and implants as well as the re-treatment of failures. His research focuses on tissue regeneration, peri-implant and dental bone loss, novel protocols for the repair of ailing dental implants. He maintains a private practice in Rome, Italy where he also holds advanced courses and live surgeries on tissue regeneration and re-treatment of implant failures for a limited numbers of participants.
American Board of Periodontology
Internationally renowned speaker, Dr.Tabanella is one of the very few specialists in Italy to have obtained the title of “Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology”, the most prestigious worldwide recognition in the field of Periodontology and Implantology.
Below the last articles wrote by Dr. Tabanella:
- Tabanella G. A new method to monitor long-term tissue stability and pink esthetics around endosseous dental implants: Ultrafast Optical Sectioning technique for 3D soft tissue mapping. EC Dental Science 18.12 (2019): 01-12.
- Tabanella G. The “Buccal Pedicle Flap technique” for peri-implant soft tissue boosting. Int J Esthet Dent Vol 14 Number 1 Spring 2019.
- Tabanella G. et al. Adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells transplantation for socket preservation: a clinical report. EC Dental Science 18.5 (2019): 879-887.
- Tabanella G. Retreatment of iatrogenic implant failure: a simplified approach for guided bone regeneration and soft tissue augmentation. Inside Dentistry June 2018.
- Tabanella G. A simplified approach for guided bone regeneration and soft-tissue boosting in the re-treatment of an iatrogenic implant failure. Inside Dentistry June 2018.
- Tabanella G. and Schupbach P. “A novel peri-implant soft tissue biopsy technique to analyze the peri-implant tissue sealing: a non invasive approach for human histologies.” EC Dental Science 16.2 (2017): 93-99.
- Tabanella G. “May Vitamin D Intake be a Risk Factor for Peri-Implant Bone Loss? A Critical Review.” EC Dental Science 15.3 (2017): 71-76.
- Tabanella G., Nowzari H., Slots J. “Clinical and microbiological study of ailing dental implants”- Clin Implant Dent Relat Res 2009 Mar;11(1):24-36.
- Tabanella G. “Clinical and microbiological study of ailing dental implants”. PRO/QUEST UMI 20 March 2006.
- Tabanella G., Nowzari H. “Aggressive Periodontitis Associated with Guillain-Barrè Syndrome: a Case Report”. Journal of Periodontology 2005; 76: 2306-2311.
- Tabanella G. “Oral Tissue Reaction to Suture Materials: a Review”. J West Soc Periodontol Abstr. 2004;52(2):37-44.
Below last three years conferences held by Dr. Tabanella:
- 2016 – ZAGREB [CROATIA] QUINTESSENCE INTERNATIONAL MEETING
- 2016 – PARIS [FRANCE] SEPTEMBER: PERIO STUDY CLUB
- 2016 – ROME [ITALY] OCTOBER : HANDS-ON ON PIG?S JAW ON BONE AND SOFT AUGMENTATION PROCEDURES STUDY CLUB FROM GERMANY
- 2016 – NEW YORK [USA] JUNE 22ND-24TH: NOBEL BIOCARE GLOBAL SYMPOSIUM
- 2016 – BUCHAREST [ROMANIA] APRIL 16TH
- 2016 – VILNIUS [LITHUANIA] FEBRUARY 26-27TH
- 2015 – SAINT PETERSBURG [RUSSIA] DECEMBRE 5TH
- 2015 – MOSCOW (RUSSIA) DECEMBRE 4TH
- 2015 – TOLEDO (SPAIN) NOVEMBER 13TH-14TH: NOBEL BIOCARE SPANISH NATIONAL MEETING
- 2015 – CAPE TOWN (SOUTH AFRICA) NOVEMBER 5TH: IFED SOUTH AFRICAN ACADEMY OF AESTHETIC DENTISTRY
- 2015 – ROME (ITALY) OCTOBER 16TH: NOBEL BIOCARE NATIONAL MEETING
- 2015 – STOCKHOLM (SWEDEN) SEPTEMBER 28TH: EAO
- 2015 – MONASTIER (ITALY) SEPTEMBER 18TH-19TH : ITALIAN ACADEMY OF ESTHETIC DENTISTRY
- 2015 – BELGRADE (SERBIA) SEPTEMBER 4TH-5TH: DENTAL IMPLANTS IN ESTHETIC AREAS
Dr. Tabanella’s research focuses on the development of minimally invasive techniques for advanced tissue reconstructions in aesthetic areas and in patients with severe bone loss due to periodontal disease or iatrogenic damages. The maintenance of long-term aesthetic results and therefore the refined management of bone and gingival tissues is the focus of his daily work.
The increasingly widespread use of endosseous implants by unskilled doctors has led to an indiscriminate increase in patients with damaged, unsightly and ailing implants. This led Dr. Tabanella to develop a line of research on the predictive factors of implant complications, such as bone loss, and to define advanced protocols for the retreatments for these specific clinical cases: mistreated patients must, in a definitive way, solve their functional, phonetic and aesthetic problems.
Other research “topics” are: implant and periodontal surgery, peri-implant bone remodeling, periodontal aesthetics, reconstruction and regeneration of hard and soft tissues, management of implant complications, aesthetics in complex clinical cases and peri-implant bone loss.